Skip to main content
Category

Community

CommunityInspirationQuilt Show

Father Christmas Festival Quilt Show 2016

Look who came to visit! Father Christmas himself!! We did it again! We have a wonderful small quilt show of Christmas and seasonal quilts, wall hangings, Christmas tree skirts, Christmas stockings and more at the official Welcome Centre for the Festival. Come and see us, we can be found in the little yellow building next to Amos Pewter, we will…
Guild Blogger
27 November 2016
CommunityEventsQuilt Show

2016 Quilt Show part one

As I write we are half way through our most amazing quilt show. We had well over 200 visitors our first day and the reviews were wonderful, everyone was truly impressed, amazed and in awe of all our quilts. I think most people stopped and talked to our members to congratulate us on a wonderful show. We had a bus…
Guild Blogger
24 September 2016
CommunityInspiration

Making Do

Making Do is the title of a small exhibition of quilts at the Ross Farm Museum. It was curated by our very own Polly Greene. All the quilts were made sometime between 1800-1920. Most of the quilts Polly chose were very utilitarian, they were made to keep someone warm. Several of the quilts were made with homespun woolen fabrics and…
Guild Blogger
2 July 2016
CommunityCuddle QuiltsGood Deeds

IWK Preemie Quilts Delivery

Many thanks to all the wonderful quilters from the MBQG and the Mayflower Quilters Guild who made and donated over 80 preemie quilts for the IWK NICU. Kate, Evan and Ben made the delivery, the nurses were ecstatic to have their quilt supply replenished. It is hard to believe but in the last 9 years we have made and donated…
Guild Blogger
19 March 2016
CommunityQuilt Show

Quilt Show Raffle News

Secrets and Shadows, the MBQG 2016 raffle quilt was pieced by Gail Stryde and machine quilted by Lynn Jones. As most of you are aware the Mahone Bay Scarecrow Festival, in the past, has been booked the first weekend in Oct. Our Quilt Show is booked the same weekend to maximize visitors to our Quilt Show. We became aware of…
Guild Blogger
5 February 2016
CommunityCuddle QuiltsInspiration

Cuddle Quilt Day 2016

The Friday storm couldn't stop us! We filled the hall with quilters and friends for our 23rd annual Cuddle Quilt Day. By the end of the day over 100 quilts of various sizes were quilted or tied, ready to be donated to several local charities. We would like to acknowledge and thank Avonport Discount Fabrics, Lynn's Quilting Studio and Suttles…
Guild Blogger
5 February 2016
CommunityEventsMembersQuilt Show

Father Christmas Festival Quilt Show

We did it again! many thanks to our members who loaned us their quilts, wall hangings, table runners and so much more. The Welcome Centre is truly welcoming and I know it will be a highlight of the Festival for everyone who comes in. You would never know that the bed is actually packing boxes! "Before" - a work in…
Guild Blogger
28 November 2015
CommunityEventsGood DeedsQuilt Show

Mice Making!

Suttles and Seawinds asked the Guild to help them make some mice for their "Nutcracker Fantasy" display which will be in the Suttles and Seawinds Barn during the Father Christmas Festival in Mahone Bay November 28-29 and Dec 5-6. Details and a schedule for the Festival can be found here. "Cheddar Mouse" was our prototype and by the end of…
Guild Blogger
12 November 2015
Community

Our 3rd Annual Quilter’s Yard Sale

Another very successful yard sale! The crowds turned out and I think most people were pleased with their sales. I know I was and the bonus was seeing so many quilting friends from all over! A real treat. Laurie, Marilyn, Anna and Bev wearing hand made fascinators for the day! Guild members had fun too, what a great bunch with a…
Guild Blogger
4 May 2015